Friday, February 17, 2017

Meet whatshisname...

This little guy is coming to live with us this weekend. I know, I'm nuts. But come on, look at that face.

In fact you should have seen the faces on his seven brothers and three sisters. It was very, very hard to choose. We deliberated over two visits and then three days of discussion. In the end with the decision made I was  comforted by the fact that I've never met a golden retriever I didn't like.

I am less comforted by the fact that there will be times very soon when I don't like this little guy much at all. Lucky really that face is so very cute.

I'm shopping, reading about lots of foreign concepts like crates, puppy pads (seriously?), lawn protector (as if) and pet insurance (yes, definitely).

The kids are arguing over names. In fact the whole family is split firmly down the middle on every single name suggested.  Our younger son wants to call him Bradley - apparently because it's a great name. Perhaps, but not for a dog. I just see many burly looking men called Brad turning around in surprise as I yell his name in the park.

For now the dog will be 'Dog' unless we can reach a compromise deal, UN style.
We have 1 day and 7 hours to sort it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write, Ann x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails