Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday-itis

It's Monday and I have man flu. You know the sort of illness I mean. Normally it afflicts the weaker sex (men) and is a mild, sniffly, coughy, chesty thing that leaves the sufferer with a total inability to do anything but groan a lot and haul themselves around like a ten ton lumpy sack of potatoes hoping for sympathy...

Being a woman I have been soldiering on and ignoring it for three weeks and it does not seem to be working. So today I may give in and see a doctor. I may lie around a little and make myself some soothing sort of lemon drink. I will ignore the washing and wait for ants to clean up the leftovers my kids have flung down around the dining table.

Tonight the latest series of Masterchef Australia finally starts on New Zealand television. Perfect fuel for man flu. We can all watch that instead of actually cooking...

By the way the image is from this lovely UK shop. Even better than a lemon drink.

And yes I don't dish out much sympathy. There has to be blood and lots of it before I'm really interested. It's genetic.

5 comments:

  1. Read. Lots! Hope you feel better soon and that you get at least some small amount of sympathy. MasterChef is finishing here this week...not sure what I'll do with the 7.30 time slot after that! I have been completely addicted to it, so I hope you enjoy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon and your family look after you - just a little bit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, man flu, I love it! I actually can't get my husband to even go to the doctor when he's sick, he's a "tough guy." Anyway, I love your blog, lovely little world here, happy to be your newest follower! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon, Ann! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty blog, a fine writing style and the ability to deal with boisterousness: I like you already and hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write, Ann x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails